The Orgia is Hiring
Restaurant Manager Opportunity
Permanent full time position
Salary: £24-26000 per annum
The Orgia is Falmouth’s newest wine bar and kitchen brought to you by the owners of The Bottle in Newquay. Aiming to be Cornwall’s first restaurant with a dedicated skin contact wine list, The Orgia’s adventurous wine selection will also have a keen focus on biodynamic and natural wines but there will still be plenty of choice for those who take comfort in the familiarity of more traditional offerings.
The Orgia’s menu has also been carefully crafted to reflect and amplify the flavour profiles of the wines, with a focus on smaller plates allowing for customers to enjoy light bites, a full dining experience or an intimate evening of sharing with loved ones. Here the menu also has a sense of place, using locally sourced ingredients aligning with the Cornish coastline’s rich biodiversity blended with a European vibe.
We are currently looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager who will be in charge of the day to day operations of the restaurant, working closely with the Kitchen Manager and Owners. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Supporting with the day to day running of the restaurant whilst maintaining a relaxed and informal style,
- Ensuring smooth running of each shift and delivering the highest quality of service,
- Staff management and motivation as well as training and support
- Effective planning and delegating activities to the team
- Weekly reporting to the owners
- Ensuring adherence to legislative, health and safety standards
- Scheduling staff rotas
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- Minimum 2 years previous experience as a Restaurant Manager or Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Good knowledge of wine is a bonus but not essential
- Passion for high quality customer service
- Ability to coordinate restaurant operations including; responding efficiently and accurately to customers, reviewing product and service quality, shift supervision, compliance with standards, nurturing a positive working environment and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Great communication skills, innovative and open mindset
- Respect for your team members and pride in appearance
- Quick learner and ability to juggle competing priorities
The position is looking to begin in April 2022 with input available into the new restaurant and pre-opening training of staff.
The position is a full time, permanent year round position. As The Orgia is primarily open in the evenings, except during peak season, the ability to work which includes weekends and evenings is essential however we do try to be as flexible with hours as possible.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- a share of tips
- staff discount
- social events
- training and development opportunities including WSET training.
If you are interested in being part of a new adventure and believe you would be the right person for the role we would love to hear from you!